I pulled out all the stops this week for you, my lovelies, and decided to tackle a proper ‘bundt cake, and this recipe doesn’t disappoint! It’s the perfect teatime treat and goes great with a cup of tea! This Honey Lemon Bundt cake recipe has an authentic honey taste that is noticeable, along with a hint of citrón, not to lose that intoxicating honey taste, but enough to keep it flavourful and bright.
This isn’t your boring, everyday “I’ve had this bundt cake a billion times” affair; it’s something quaint, delicious and is not crazy sweet if your looking for something just that little bit different but isn’t at all fussy. So give this Honey Lemon Bundt torta recipe a try!
Medovo citrónová Bundtova tortaTlač Recept
- Honey Lemon Bundt Cake Ingredients
- 3 šálky univerzálnej múky
- 2 lyžičky prášku do pečiva
- 1 teaspoon of premium sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 339 grams of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of premium honey
- 5 veľké vajcia, izbová teplota
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 čajové lyžičky citrónovej šťavy
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Sugar Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- 2¼ cups of confectioners’/icing sugar
- ¼ cup of full cream milk, room temperature
- 2 čajové lyžičky citrónovej šťavy
Honey Lemon Bundt Cake and Glaze Instructions
- Adjust your oven rack to the lower-middle position. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease/or spray and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan. Tap out excess flour.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- In the stand mixer bowl, with a paddle or in a large mixing bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat the butter using medium speed until smooth. Add the granulated and brown sugar and beat using medium until light and fluffy, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and then beat using the medium speed until incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and then mix on low. Add the lemon zest to the batter and mix again on low until combined.
- Finally, add the flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Slowly add buttermilk and mix on low until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt (or tube) pan and use a spatula to even out the top. Place a clean baking tray on your chosen oven rack, and carefully add your bundt pan with the batter to the middle of the baking tray. Bake 60 to 75 minutes, rotating the Bundt pan 180 degrees, halfway through your baking time. Bake until a wooden/or metal skewer or toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the bundt pan and baking tray to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan by having the wire rack upside down on top of the cake, then flipping the bundt pan and rack together to the right way up on your benchtop. A tap on top of the bundt pan should be enough to dislodge the cake and release it cleanly. Let the cake complete cooling on the rack. Top the cooled cake with the Sugar Lemon Glaze.
Sugar Lemon Glaze Instructions
- Place the confectioners’ sugar, milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together vigorously until smooth. Use immediately.
- For best results, place the baking tray underneath the cooling rack and cake to catch the excess glaze, and using a spoon, drip glaze over the surface of the cake until desired coverage is achieved. Leave the glaze to firm up, and once set, your cake can be served.
- Store covered in a cake container at room temperature for up to 4 days.