If you love honey, then this recipe is a perfect choice for you. There are many versions of this moist honey cake, and it is best known as Medovik cake. It is a famous Russian dessert prepared with several layers of honey biscuits and delicious cream, making a perfect combo for anyone’s taste buds.
A legend says it was created by a young and ambitious chef who wanted to impress Empress Elisabeth. He did not know that she hated honey, and the Empress did not know that honey was one of the main ingredients. But she fell in love at the first bite, and the famous Medovik cake was born.
- You can serve the cake immediately, but it is best if served after being refrigerated for at least 8 hours. This way, honey biscuits can absorb a part of the cream and become soft+ and fluffy.
- Although it may seem difficult to prepare, it is not. Just be careful with biscuits, especially when taking them out of the baking sheet.
- You can also use a round cake pan, or if you use a baking sheet like in this recipe, you can cut and serve it in squares.
- If desired, replace almonds with other types of nuts like walnuts, cashews, or hazelnuts.
Russian Honey Cake or Medovik Cake RecipeTlač Recept
- 2 šálky univerzálnej múky
- 2 vajcia
- Štipka soli
- Medový pohár 3 / 4
- 1/2 čajovej lyžičky sódy bikarbóny
- 1 šálka práškového cukru
- Šľahač na šľahanie 3 / 4
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream
- Almonds, to taste, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs with granulated sugar until creamy and homogeneous.
- Stir in honey and when it is well combined, add in the flour.
- Spread a super thin layer of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Pečieme 5 minút.
- Take the sheet from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baked biscuit very carefully and set it aside.
- Repeat the procedure until you have used all the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream, sour cream, and powdered sugar.
- Whip until thick.
- Assemble the cake by spreading 1/7 of the cream over the base biscuit layer.
- Repeat the procedure with 7 biscuit layers and finish with a layer of cream.
- Crumble the remaining biscuit layers and combine them with chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle the cake with biscuit crumble and almond mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight or for about 8 hours.